2.09.2011

New wool

My new 5' x 8' Chevron Rug is absolutely fabulous. It's charcoal gray, which is an extension of one of my favorite colors out there. But it's got little hints of ecru showing through in the low loop of the high-loop/low-loop pattern.  Which makes it even better.

Looooooooove iiiiiiiiiiit!*




westelm.com delivered quickly (3 days after order was placed) regardless of the fact that they were in the midst of taking inventory in their warehouses, and I was even told about that before I ever even placed my online order. Way to be on the ball about important details for online shoppers, west elm! Your detailed warning about the possible delay of order confirmation via email as well as actual product delivery was really appreciated. I'm one happy customer and I'll be back to order some of these and definitely a set of these as a jewelry catch on my bathroom counter, or some wall decor in the dining room! My Ben Moore Revere Pewter walls could use some more lemon yellow art! (That picture with the two white slip covered armchairs is pretty much spot-on as far as what the color actually looks like, fyi.) Oooo yeah.

Please:
- ignore the crooked lamp shades.
- forgive the old ugly braided country style rug that's folded and piled up next to the red covered sofa table. It's next to the front door and on its way to a new and loving home on Friday.
- and this is a pretty-please: appreciate the fact that I straightened and even dusted off the coffee table and all its contents for this here photograph.
- admit that you've also got swatches draped over your lamp shades. I'm not that crazy, am I?
- ignore that the two sofa tables aren't the same height, so the two lamps aren't the same height. Which I HATE and must fix soon now.
- choose to look past my cheesy decision to prop the recently-finished Pup Beatnik up against one of the sofa pillows. I regret it, but couldn't pass up the posed pup (again, *).
- admire the framed photo of the interior of Notre Dame in Paris I snapped on June 7, 2008 in an impromptu picture-taking contest between me and the Hubs. Obviously, I won!
- encourage me to discard those magazines once I've fingered through them eight times. Because eight is enough.
- look past the computer tower jammed between the legs of the nesting sofa tables. It's literally jammed in there.
- be jealous of my suede wedges.
- pray that I don't kick the Hubs out to sleep here tonight again because he refuses to sleep in silence. The guy must get a kick outta snoring, because it's apparently worth him sleeping under the hot pink Snuggie on the sofa!

This new wool has brought class, warmth, geometry, and sophistication to our living room. Which I'm totally proud of, because I picked it out and purchased it without the Hubs really knowing what was going on other than me telling him that we're totally getting rid of this ole crumb collector ASAP. Sometimes, when you've had enough of something you don't appreciate, you've just. Had. Enough. New wool... I love it.

*Vespa's precious little pup pose was 100% asking kindly to go outside for a bathroom break because she knew I was off the sofa and didn't have a knitting project in my hands so I would most likely be willing to open the door and let her out without forcing her to "gimme kissy!" (Yes, that's one of her tricks.) And I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap this shot! Come on and admit that you wish you had a dog this cute. And if you do have a dog this cute, please show her off. And also, please admit that she also requests one (or three) extra water bowls around the house in addition to her regular by-the-food-in-the-kitchen water bowl, including one next to the coffee table in the living room and one on the nightstand for midnight sips.

1 comment:

  1. Area rugs are so great, they really pull a room together. Love the charcoal color.

    ReplyDelete